It's a bill that evenly applies the medical measurement of life all the way to the womb. Rep. Steve King, Iowa Republican, summarizes his bill very simply: "If a heartbeat is detected, the baby is protected." And seven out of 10 people in America agree with him, according to a national Barna Group poll, most of them "strongly."
Sponsor Mr. King and prime co-sponsors, Republican Reps. Trent Franks of Arizona and Louie Gohmert of Texas, are standing on the line in the sand that's already been drawn - if there's a heartbeat, there's life.
It's the reason you've never been to the funeral of someone with a heartbeat.
The Heartbeat Bill makes so much sense, and the Barna poll found that such sense is actually "common." The majority of America strongly agrees with the premise of the Heartbeat Bill: "If a doctor is able to detect the heartbeat of an unborn baby, that unborn baby should be legally protected." Eighty-six percent of Republicans agree. Six out of 10 Independents agree. And, are you sitting down? A majority of Democrats - 55 percent - support the Heartbeat Bill.
Like an SOS, the child in the womb is sending a signal we can no longer ignore. To deny it is to deny science. READ MORE
Please ask these U.S. House Judiciary Committee Members to
Co-sponsor the Heartbeat Bill:
1. Chairman Bob Goodlatte (VA) (202) 225-5431
2. Andy Biggs(AZ) (202) 225-2635
3. Mike Bishop (MI) (202) 225-4872
4. Ken Buck (CO) (202) 225-4676
5. Jim Jordan (OH) (202) 225-2676
6. Steve Chabot (OH) (202) 225-2216
7. Jason Chaffetz (UT) (202) 225-7751
8. Doug Collins (GA) (202) 225-9893
9. Ron DeSantis (FL) (202) 225-2706
10. Blake Farenthold (TX) (202) 225-7742
11. Matt Gaetz (FL) (202) 225-4136
12. Trey Gowdy (SC) (202) 225-6030
13. Darrell Issa (CA) (202) 225-3906
14. Mike Johnson (LA) (202) 225-2777
15. Jim Sensenbrenner, Jr. (WI) (202) 225-5101
16. Raul Labrador (ID) (202) 225-6611
17. Tom Marino (PA) (202) 225-3731
18. Ted Poe (TX) (202) 225-6565
19. John Ratcliff (TX) (202) 225-6673
20. Martha Roby (AL) (202) 225-2901
21. Lamar Smith (TX) (202) 225-4236
|Send your cards to Congress!