LAST DAY TO CALL FOR VETO OVERRIDE
Today's the last day the Ohio House will be in the office until Christmas!
I know you are busy preparing for Christmas, but, as someone told me this week, "let's remember whose birthday it is!" Think about the present we could give Him this year--the bill to end abortion for every child whose heartbeat can be heard!
Keep calling! Keep praying! Keep fasting!
Don't give up--we have never been closer to ending abortion than we are right now!
Be ready to start calling again on Monday--the final week the vote can take place and the final chance to override Kasich's heartless veto of the Heartbeat Bill.
All I want for Christmas is the Heartbeat Bill Veto Override!
1. Our First Call:
Thank Speaker Cliff Rosenberger for getting the Heartbeat Bill passed! Then ask him to be the "Hero for Life" & call for a vote to override Kasich's heartless veto of the Heartbeat Bill.
Speaker Cliff Rosenberger (614) 466-3506
Ask him to convince his members to override and save 20,000 children each year!
: Call these Reps and tell them: "DON'T BLOCK THE VETO-OVERRIDE VOTE TO PROTECT BABIES! Vote 'yes' to override Gov. Kasich's heartless veto of the Heartbeat Bill."
Also use the talking points below.
These Reps voted to protect 20-week babies who can feel pain, why not protect them from when we hear their heartbeats?
Marlene Anielski 614-644-6041 (use talking point 2)
Denise Driehaus 614-466-5786 (use talking point 2)
Nathan Manning 614-644-5076 (use points 1, 2, & 3)
John Rogers 614-466-7251 (please override Kasich's heartless veto!)
Jack Cera 614-466-3735 (please override Kasich's heartless veto!)
Please call these key Republicans again:
"DON'T BLOCK THE VETO-OVERRIDE VOTE TO PROTECT BABIES! Vote 'yes' to override Gov. Kasich's heartless veto of the Heartbeat Bill."
Steven Arndt 614-644-6011 (talking points 2, 3 & 4)
Anne Gonzales 614-466-4847 (she's voted both ways, ask her to Choose Life!)
3. Then, call all the Republicans listed HERE and ask them to come back for an override vote (including these two who voted yes):
1. Robert Cupp 614-466-9624
2. Dorothy Pelanda 614-466-8147
MESSAGE: "Please come back to override Kasich's heartless veto of the Heartbeat Bill. Give 20,000 babies the best Christmas present--the gift of life."
Override Kasich's Heartless Veto of the Heartbeat Bill:
- COST? It won't cost the taxpayers a dime as Liberty Counsel will defend it for free.
- UNCONSTITUTIONAL? The Constitutionality is a question for the Courts to decide--that's why we have courts! It makes no sense to kill a bill because we fear the courts might kill it. (That's like killing someone because they might die!) This bill was drafted to come before the Supreme Court (soon to be filled with pro-life Trump-appointed justices) to move the line from legal protection from viability to a more "certain and consistent" marker--Heartbeat (as stated by the the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals).
- HURT OTHER PRO-LIFE LAWS? The bill specifically spells out that this law will not affect any other pro-life law on the books: (Lines 341-344) "It is furthermore the intent of the general assembly that the provisions of this section ...are not to have the effect of repealing or limiting any other laws of this state."
- OHIO RIGHT TO LIFE DOESN'T LIKE IT? Ohio Right to Life has been completely discredited by calling for a veto of the most protective pro-life bill in the nation. It's the reason why Ohio Right to Life Founder Dr. Jack Willke resigned from the board and why Right to Life chapters and members left in droves.
NO RAPE/INCEST EXCEPTION: While we believe all human life is worthy of protection, no matter the circumstances of conception, this bill protects only from the point of detectable heartbeat.
That means a woman who is raped (or anyone else) can still obtain an abortion prior to detectable heartbeat. When the House committee met six-year-old little Bella, a beautiful little girl who--through no fault of her own--was conceived by rape, they voted down the rape/incest amendment which would have killed little girls (and boys) like her. She brought her little doll (pictured) to every hearing and won the hearts of those who voted to protect children like her from the time their heartbeats can be heard.
Of note: It is in the best interests of a woman to be treated directly following a rape--to prevent conception from taking place, but also to be treated for sexually transmitted diseases and to gather the evidence so that the rapist can be caught before he assaults anyone else. The Heartbeat Bill would not prevent that in any way.
Let us know what they're telling you at: email@example.com
|Ask Ohio Right to Life for your donation back, and
give to the group fighting to
END ABORTION: Faith2Action
Please help us with a tax-deductible year-end gift so we can keep fighting for life!
It's time to Appeal to Heaven again!
FAST AND PRAY FOR THE VETO OVERRIDE!
ONLY A FEW DAYS REMAIN
TO END ABORTION
Will you join us in a fast until the vote is cast this year? It can be one meal a day, Christmas cookies, or television, but please fast from something to see mountains moved!
Please post the link & video above on Facebook, Twitter, news sites etc.
Please don't grow weary...if we don't give up, I am confident we WILL GET OUR OVERRIDE VOTE! Please continue to fast and pray over Christmas--think of the celebration we will have next week--the best Christmas present of all--the END of abortion!
Merry Christmas & Heartfelt gratitude,
P.S. Keep calling, and the final vote to override Kasich's veto may be Wednesday, December 28th in the Ohio Senate (possible session scheduled for 1:30 p.m.)
Save the date!
|Author: JP   20161221   Category: Heartbeat Bill Status: on|